It has come to my attention that when I am feeling a little down in the dumps or extremely bored, baking cupcakes is my cure! I didn't have a clue what to bake but needed something to lift this damp and dismal weather so decided to create some Pink Lemonade inspired cupcakes!
The highlight of these is defiantly the Lemon Sherbet Crystals which I bought from one of those oldy worldy sweet shops! The recipe is taken from Juniper Cakery, link of which can be found here. As per I didn't actually use this recipe but based my idea around it. I just wish I could of bought them lovely pink and white straws. So here goes.. my Dairy Free Fizzy Pink Lemonade cupcakes!
- 3 Eggs
- 180 Caster Sugar
- 180 Self Raising Flour
- 180 Pure Margarine
- Teaspoon ish of Lemon Essence
- Pre Heat oven at 180 degrees and line 12 cupcakes
- Cream the margarine and sugar
- Once well mixed add an egg one by one and whisk, add drops of lemon essence
- Sift in the flour and beat with a wooden until smooth
- Place in cupcake cases
- Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the top is spongy or golden brown & leave to cool
Pink Lemon Buttercream
- 250g Stork Butter Block
- 250-350g Icing Sugar
- Few drops of Lemon Essence
- Juice of a fresh Grapefruit
- Pink Gel Colouring
- Pipping Bags
- Piping nozzle
- Lemon Sherbet Crystals
- Cut butter into small cubes and whisk until soft, gradually beat in the icing sugar.
- Add lemon essence and some juice of a grapefruit. Colour with pink food gel!
- Fill piping bag and pip a rose or swirl. Decorate with lemon sherbet crystals!