Tuesday 17 December 2013

Christmas Cake!

This time next week it'll be Christmas Eve?! Can you believe it because I really can't. Time has flown by and unfortunately I do not feel christmassy at all. I'm not sure why but I think I have other things on my mind such as a hefty dissertation to write that has made me completely forget that there is a life outside of university work :(   

However, I have decorated the christmas cake again this year and here are some photos! 


I went for some autumnal colours with a lot of glitter! In order to get the raised/curved effect of the holly leaves I twisted some marzipan which is placed underneath the wreath to add some 3D effect! I wish I was good at using fondant, I'm not bad but it does take me a while to get the icing the way I would like. But overall I am pretty happy with the design :) Hope you like!

Kathryn xx 

4 comments: