Friday 20 December 2013

High Beam Benefit Highlighter


A few days ago I treated myself to one of the most talked about highlighters, High Beam by Benefit. I love benefit products, from their blushers and mascara to their primers and perfumes so I thought why not try out their highlighter! 


I currently use Sleek's contour palette however I feel like I have so much powder products on my face and in this winter weather it is not ideal as it dries out my skin.

At first look I fell in love with the High Beam, the colour of pearly pink is just perfect for catching any makeup lovers eye. It comes in an unusual bottle, very much like a nail vanish  and allows you to use the brush to dab on the product in various places you wish to highlight, such as the cheekbone, brow bone or my favourite, the cupids bow! 


At first I really didn't like the product as it didn't work well with my foundation. You put the product just after your foundation then layer your powder on top however it felt as if my foundation was falling off when I applied the highlighter. I am starting to get a bit more used to it and think it'll be much of a trial and error to get it perfeccttt.

Putting this aside the High Beam is a beautiful product, the smell, the colour and the texture are all wonderful and I am very happy with the purchase!

Kathryn x

6 comments: