Sunday 5 January 2014

Oreo Cupcakes


Boredom struck me big time today, all because I have been sitting trying to write a 10,000 word dissertation due in two weeks! To take a break I decided it was time to do some baking. Oreo's are a new thing for me as I only just found out that they don't contain any lactose :) ( but wine does hm?!). 

I used a chocolate sponge recipe consisting of 3 eggs. Heres how I made them (approximately anyways)

Start by pre heating the oven at 180 degrees and lining a tray with 12 muffin cases! 

  1. Measure your 3 eggs. This will be used to measure the rest of the ingredients ( mine weighed 180g) 
  2. Weigh out your margarine and also the sugar so that both match the weight of the eggs (180g)
  3. Mix together in a bowl till its white and fluffy and add 2 tea spoons of vanilla essence 
  4. Weigh out some self raising flour to around 20 g below the eggs and use cocoa powder to make up the rest. 
  5. Shift into the bowl and slowly mixing with a wooden spoon ( you want to keep the mixture light and not beat the flour too much) ! Here I added a dash of soya milk and half a tea spoon of baking powder
  6. Now break 3 or 4 oreos into quarters and place in the cupcake liners
  7. Fill your cupcakes cases! 
Place in the oven for approx 25 mins and voila! 

Before
After
Now onto the buttercream icing!
  1. Use about 3/4 of a block of stork margarine/butter and whisk till smooth
  2. Ground in a blender several Oreos until fine and add into the butter
  3. Now for icing sugar. I appologise, I have no specific measure for this but maybe use just less than half a bag of big icing sugar 
  4. Add with the butter with a dash of vanilla essence 
  5. Make sure its thoroughly mixed together and has a smooth consistency  
Use a wilton 1m icing tip if you have one and pipe. Half an Oreo for each of the cupcakes a place on top of the icing.. like so...
 

6 comments:

  1. OH MY these look incredible! I am absolutely terrible at baking but I might have to give these a whirl.
    Hannah | twoforjoy | xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa, it's so easy when you have the time and aren't rushed :) xx

      Delete
    2. Haha thankyouu, aww its so easy when you have the time and aren't rushed xx

      Delete