Wednesday 15 January 2014

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation!

Firstly, apologies for the lack of regular posts. I haven't even been back at university for a week, but third year is taking its toll big time, however did hand in my dissertation yesterday ( whop whop ). Also a big hello to the lovely new followers that kathrynscupcakes has gained :)!!!

In my Products of the Year post, I briefly mentioned a new foundation of mine : Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation. Foundation is a product I swear by. I rarely leave the house without it, mainly because my skin has gone through those annoying teenage years but also as I just like applying it along with contouring and blusher!


My all time favourite foundation was Estee Lauder's Double Wear in Fresco. However, a few years back they decide to change the product ingredients and added too many new shades. I have no idea why they did this as the colours now have an orange tint and the foundation is so much thinner in consistency :(. Since then I have been on the constant look out for a full coverage foundation.


Since then I have been using Vichy Dermablend which is a full coverage foundation to cover skin blemishes such as acne. One downfall that has put me off was the lack of colours and the staying power.

So now.. I have found a cheap drugstore foundation that I actually do love! 


I currently am using Rimmels Wake Me Up in the shade 103 True Ivory. Once again, it is very hard to get the shading right and I think I may have picked up a shade too dark :(

This foundation claims to 'visibly reawaken and illuminate the skin with a radiant glow and a flawless finish'. Does it? Yes, I think so! It is medium coverage which can be layered to give full coverage without being cakey looking. I apply this with a stippling brush and use Model Owns blending sponge, then use some translucent powder to keep it all in place.  
The lasting power is fab for a foundation so cheap and one thing that I like, which is slightly weird, is that near the end of the day it starts to give me that dewy look. Not a horrible dewy look, it just looks like my skin has a healthy glow. 
I must of used a tester when I had fake tan applied ha! 
Another bonus I have is the smell. It hasn't got that funny foundation smell you sometimes get and just smells fresh. 
Overall I am so happy with this foundation and will hopefully be purchasing the lighter shade in future :)! 

Let me know if you have any Full Coverage Foundations that you love!  

Kathryn :) xxx



1 comment:

  1. I've heard so many good reviews about this foundation and I've always wanted to get it, but never got around to buying it! I might have to have a little trip to Boots soon to see what all the fuss is about :) xx

    http://missmorganxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete