Monday 23 September 2013

University Life!

I am having one of those moments where I just want to write because life is so good right now and I know that this time next week I will probably be so stressed about everything and have no time to blog! :( 


So last week I moved into my new house at University and I love it! I live with 2 other girls who are like my best girls here and it all just feels so right unlike last year. On top of that I had work experience at a weather company and  also started a new job as a bar girl at the uni bar and although I have only worked there for.. well last than a week I can safely say it is one of the best jobs ever (maybe not ever). 
As it is part of the uni the hours are so flexible and you can pick whenever you want to work. I must say I have probably over worked a bit as I am so shattered, I can't even think of any down sides of working there. I have already met so many great people and we are all just so a like there and on top of the flexible hours and the pay you also have the social side of it all. 
When you work you see so many of your mates who although expect to be served ASAP will just be brilliant and keep you on your feet till the shift is over. The shifts are quite late sometimes but as a bonus you get free entry to nights in the Student Union and also, fingers crossed, I can work when bands come to perform at the venue such as Bastille and Gabrielle Aplin! 
So if you do ever get the chance to work at university I recommend it highly, you will not regret it and I know university is for studying but its also for the whole experience so make the most of every opportunity you can! 
Life is so busy but so good, I am also seeing Zane Low and the 1975's this week as well as lectures and nights out and catching up with everyone ekk, I hope everyone is having a great week and also enjoying this lovely late summer weather! 

Kathryn xx 


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathryn!
    Thanks for your lovely comment about the glitter fade nails :) I love your little blog and can't stop drooling over those salted caramel & chocolate cupcakes! I went to the same uni as you for my degree and PGCE, how are you finding being back?
    Jem x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa, they were such good cupcakes, but thank youuu! I miss my shellacs so much as they are my mums collection so I couldn't take them to uni. Ah did you?! I take it you recognized it from the photos, such an amazing uni! I have been beyond busy, god knows when im going to fit in all this work ha! What did you study? :) xx

      Delete