Saturday 31 August 2013

Rum & Raisin

Ah I just tried one of my Rum & Raisin cupcakes I baked this morning and they are defiantly up on top with the elderflower and mint choco cupcakes! 

As per usual, I used the basic cupcake recipe with the extra addition of some chopped raisins soaked in rum extract and 1 1/2 heaped teaspoon of cinnamon powder. My mum requested some cakes this morning and after finding rum extract in Sainsburys the other day I knew what I wanted to bake, however if you have more time and more money (which I don't have) it's probably best to soak the raisins over night in dark rum instead of extract for 10 mins like I ended up doing. Nevertheless, these cakes are lovely! 

The butter cream consisted of both vanilla and rum extract and pipped using the Wilton 1m nozzle, finished off with 3 raisins and a sprinkling of cinnamon powder. I also added a dash of milk to the cupcakes just to make the sponge a little less solid! 

Hope you like!





1 comment: