"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you" Oprah Winfrey
Today's post is all about these beautiful Strawberry & Meringue cupcakes, I suppose we could call them Eton Mess?
These have a strawberry sponge with a hint of pink food colouring then a sprinkling of mini marshmallows in the mixture to add a chewy meringue feel to the cakes. Yum.
Strawberry & Marshmallow Sponge
What you will need:
- 3 Eggs
- 180 g of Caster Sugar
- 180 g Pure Margarine
- 180 g of Self Raising Flour
- 100 g of Mini Marshmallows
- Cap full of Strawberry Essence
- Dash of Vanilla Essence
- Pink food colouring
- Pre Heat oven at 180 degrees and line 12 cupcakes
- Cream in the margarine and sugar until smooth
- Once well mixed add an egg one by one and whisk, add drops of strawberry & vanilla essence
- Sift in the flour and beat with a wooden until smooth
- Add the marshmallows and a very small amount of food colouring and gently mix (but not too much)
- Place in cupcake cases
- Cook for 20-22 minutes or until the top is spongy or golden brown & leave to cool
What you will need:
- 250g Stork Butter Block
- 250-350g Icing Sugar
- Few drops of Strawberry Essence and Vanilla
- Pink Gel Food Colouring
- Pipping Bags
- Piping nozzle
- Dr Oetker Eton Mess Sprinkles
- To decorate, cut the butter into small cubes and whisk until soft and pale. Gradually beat in the icing sugar using a wooden spoon until creamy and soft.
- Add the strawberry and vanilla essence.
- Add a tiny amount of Pink Gel Food Colour and mix until a pastel pink shade.
- Fill a pipping bag with a 2D Wilton Flower Nozzle (or whichever you wish to use) and pipe a rose or swirl.
- Decorate with Eton Mess Sprinkles!
If you really wanted to push the boat out why not cut out the center of the cupcake and fill with your favourite strawberry jam!
P.s. This song deserves a place here as I listened to it on repeat writing this! Years and Years hands up to you guys!